The First Gen Next transitions program provides guided resources for first-generation college students within the School of Human Evolution and Social Change. There are many support services across campus to help students transition to the college environment – including First Year Success and University Academic Success Programs. However, the goal of this pilot program is to ensure that first-gen students understand how to access these services to support their transition into careers after completing their bachelor’s degree.
Anyone who is a first-generation college student is invited to join the self-paced materials. Topics include:
- Explore unique challenges facing first-generation students and how to overcome them
- Discover potential career-pathways
- Identify career opportunities and internships
- Learn about graduate school and how to be a competitive applicant
- Create powerful resumes and cover letters
- Understand the importance of mentors and learn how to develop professional networks
How to Enroll
This self-paced program is ideal for students who are sophomores, juniors, seniors, and transfer students. This is geared towards students in the School of Human Evolution and Social Change, but open to any major. You can complete it at your own pace and access to the materials will be available to you throughout your time as an ASU student
To enroll, click this Canvas course self-enrollment link. Once in, you can work through the modules at your own pace.
Questions or want to discuss your future? Contact Alissa Ruth, program creator and director.