The Center for Digital Antiquity is housed within the School of Human Evolution and Social Change, located on ASU's Tempe campus.
General inquiries can be submitted via: Phone: (480) 965-1369 | Fax: (480) 965-7363 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on social media:
Our Mission and Vision
By enhancing preservation of and access to digital archaeological records, the mission of Digital Antiquity is:
To permit researchers to more effectively create and communicate knowledge of the long-term human past.
To enhance the management, interpretation, and preservation of archaeological resources.
To provide for the long-term preservation of irreplaceable records of archaeological investigations, organizations, projects, and research.
Digital Antiquity has two goals to enable our mission:
To make it easier to use and access archaeological information.
To provide long-term preservation for the irreplaceable, digital records of archaeological investigations.
By meeting these goals, we will improve the management and preservation of archaeological resources. Achieving these goals also will enhance the ways in which researchers can more effectively create and communicate knowledge of the long-term and historic human past.
Board of Directors
- Co-chair 2023-present
- Associate Professor and Director, Center for Archaeology and Society
- Associate Professor, University of Georgia
- 2023 - present
- Deputy Director-ADS (Archaeology Data Service)
- University of York
Debra Hanken Kurtz
- 2020 - 2023
- Associate University Librarian for Technology Services (FSC)
- 2020 - 2023
- President, Desert Archaeology, Inc.
- 2021 - present
- Senior Research Scholar, Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands
- 2018 - present
- Professor Emeritus, School of Human Evolution and Social Change, Arizona State University and Co-Director of Center for Digital Antiquity
- Managing Partner, L. Roy Papp & Associates L.L.P., Phoenix
- Professor and Director, Teotihuacan Research Laboratory SHESC